Window or Mirror book

Credit to Unsplash Photos for this photo.

Hi, I’m going to talk about a book I recently read called When Stars Are Scattered by Victoria Jamieson. This book is a graphic novel based on a true story about a kid in Dubai who is a refugee. This kid’s name is Omar Mohamed. This book is about Omar’s journey as a refugee with a younger brother and no parents. This blog post is about whether the book you just read is a mirror or a window book. But what is a mirror book and a window book? A mirror book is a book that is like your life. Not exactly the same as your life but a book that has similarities more than differences. A window book is a book that is not like your life. So the opposite of a mirror book. It is like looking into a world that is different from yours.

I chose When Stars Are Scattered because a lot of people recommended it and I would highly recommend it myself. I think that I tend to read more window books rather than mirror books because I like to read a lot of fictional books and the fictional books that I tend to read have more extreme circumstances. Although the book that I’m talking about, When Stars Are Scattered is based on a true story it still has extreme circumstances. I think that this book is a window book for me because I have never experienced losing my parents or being a refugee in Dubai or anywhere else.